Monday, May 30, 2022

Never Have I Ever (Season 2) - 2022

 Never Have I Ever (Season 2), is perhaps one of the best TV shows with Indian American representation that I've seen. The cast is superb, and the themes are certainly relatable.

The show touches on trauma (with loss), adolescence, identity crisis (being Indian vs being American), sexism, and heartbreak; all with a splash of comedy. 

It's masterfully written and there's a certain sense of warmth to the show that makes it overall just a must-see. 

Some of my favorite scenes (spolier below) 

  • When Devi tells Paxton that his meltdown was important because it showed him how much he values school inside 
  • When Devi tells Paxton that he's not truly doing his best and that he needs to go above and beyond 
  • When Devi listens to video recordings of her dad to calm her heart down because of the built-up anxiety and tension 
It's tremendous how great this show is and I would highly recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment