Thursday, August 13, 2009

Kotha Bangaru Lokam (telugu movie)

There is something about conventional telugu movies that makes me wanna barf.  Perhaps it's the overacting and extraneous sentimentality that pervades every two minutes of these dragging pieces of crap. Well, this one stars Varun Sandesh, probably the best looking telugu actor in tollywood, who I liked much better in "Happy Days" where he was a nice and shy college student. In this movie, he is a teenager, which is very unconvincing, since he looks like a college student and acts like a five year old. But what I find annoying might be normal: for Sandesh is simply following in the footsteps of the top telugu actors, making bizarre gestures that most people would find inappropriate... 
the heroine (who HAS to be his lover) is depicted as "cool" and "innocent," code words for "boring" and "dumb."
I suggest that you don't watch this movie if you are not a regular viewer of telugu movies, and if you are, then please don't get offended by my review. I was somehow really frustrated by this film, and its strange dimensions.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment