Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Twilight: Breaking Dawn

Did I expect to enjoy Breaking Dawn? Not really.
But I couldn't resist being updated, and the new movie did seem pretty, with Edward and Bella venturing to an island near South America (or whatever) for their honeymoon and the wedding. So, I kind of had to see it.
And surprisingly, it was pretty entertaining. Kristen Stewart, who usually appears awkward, pale and monotone in most of the twilight movies, was radiant in this one. Edward actually laughed in the beginning, and my dear favorite Jacob, had matured and looked even hotter in this episode.
Sure, there were times when the movie was slow, like the stretches of sequences when Bella was pregnant and anorexic- looking, and you were like, "please cut to the chase!" but other than that, it had some entertaining elements...
like the actual honeymoon sequence. The lovemaking scene isn't all that explicit, which in this case suits the purpose, I guess. It flows more gently, naturally and romantically and epitomizes every girl's fantasy. I couldn't help noticing Kristen Stewarts' perfect body in these sequences. You mostly got to see only Edward's arms, that managed to rip up all the pillows and break the bed frame during their love-making.The wedding is also beautiful. With everyone religiously dressed in white, and palm trees stationed everywhere. At that point, I was picturing myself marrying Edward Cullen, or even better, Jacob Black.
The pregnancy part was bloody, but entertaining, since this is the closest to gore we'll ever get to see in any of the twilight movies.
I liked how the movie made some disastrous things in the book comedic. For instance, in the book Bella decides to choose the awful name "Renesmee" for her daughter (a combination of Renee and Esme, Her and Edward's mothers' names). In the movie, when she brings this up, Jacob (oh, how I love Jacob) tries really hard to look like he likes the name, and Edward cracks up.
Also, I thought that Jacob falling in love with Bella's baby would be really awkward in the movie, but they made it sweet, since they focused on Jacob being more of a protector rather than a lover.
I like how most of the characters in the movie are good looking except Sam from Jacob's tribe (sadly) and I don't think Esme and Rosalie are that pretty either.
I think Bella's dad is hilarious, saying that he has a gun at their toasting ceremony.
Ultimately, did I like Breaking Dawn better than all the other twilight movies? Yes. Do I recommend seeing it? If you wouldn't mind seeing a romantic pretty movie (with not a lot of logic) then yes.
Overall, not bad twilight, not bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment