Sunday, April 25, 2010

Gray's Anatomy

Gray’s Anatomy is a slow and unfolding series. Its characters are very passionate doctors… and seem realistic. Doctor Bailey reminds me of my grandmother, and Cristina seems like a typical Monta Vista Student pursuing surgery. That itself makes them admirable, and besides: they’re shown half the time doing surgeries on (mostly sympathetic) people. Therefore, I refuse to say that any of the characters are entirely selfish or dumb (I would like to be a doctor myself some day- although not a surgeon, since it seems so stressful).  Sometimes I wish I could study as hard as some of these people on TV, ANYWAYS… what makes this show so special, is that it’s not played out like a fantasy… it’s not unusual and gloomy like House (don’t get me wrong, I like the show!), or slapstick like Scrubs, it’s more real… the characters on many levels are not relatable to high school students like me, but I can relate to regret and competition (above all since I go to an Asian school). SO…. Should you watch Gray’s Anatomy? I wouldn’t say it’s a must-see. But with the little charm it has, it manages to be somewhat entertaining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment